A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 2202. ALLOCATION OF FUNDS.
- ``(a) Reservation of Funds.--From the amount available to carry out this part for any fiscal year, the Secretary shall reserve--
- ``(1) 1/2 of 1 percent for the outlying areas, to be distributed among the outlying areas on the basis of their relative need, as determined by the Secretary in accordance with the purposes of this part; and
- ``(2) 1/2 of 1 percent for the Secretary of the Interior for programs under this part for professional development activities for teachers, other staff, and administrators in schools operated or funded by the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- ``(b) State Allocations.--The Secretary shall allocate the amount available to carry out this part and not reserved under subsection (a) to each of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico as follows, except that no State shall receive less than 1/2 of 1 percent of such amount:
- ``(1) Fifty percent shall be allocated among such jurisdictions on the basis of their relative populations of individuals aged five through 17, as determined by the Secretary on the basis of the most recent satisfactory data.
- ``(2) Fifty percent shall be allocated among such jurisdictions in accordance with the relative amounts such jurisdictions received under part A of title I for the preceding fiscal year, or for fiscal year 1995 only, such part's predecessor authority.
- ``(c) Reallocation.--If any jurisdiction does not apply for an allotment under subsection (b) for any fiscal year, the Secretary shall reallocate such amount to the remaining jurisdictions in accordance with such subsection.
PART B--STATE AND LOCAL ACTIVITIES
SEC. 2203. WITHIN-STATE ALLOCATIONS.