A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 14511. GENERAL PROHIBITIONS.
- ``(a) Prohibition.--None of the funds authorized under this Act shall be used--
- ``(1) to develop or distribute materials, or operate programs or courses of instruction directed at youth that are designed to promote or encourage, sexual activity, whether homosexual or heterosexual;
- ``(2) to distribute or to aid in the distribution by any organization of legally obscene materials to minors on school grounds;
- ``(3) to provide sex education or HIV prevention education in schools unless such instruction is age appropriate and includes the health benefits of abstinence; or
- ``(4) to operate a program of condom distribution in schools.
- ``(b) Local Control.--Nothing in this section shall be construed to--
- ``(1) authorize an officer or employee of the Federal Government to mandate, direct, review, or control a State, local educational agency, or schools' instructional content, curriculum, and related activities;
- ``(2) limit the application of the General Education Provisions Act;
- ``(3) require the distribution of scientifically or medically false or inaccurate materials or to prohibit the distribution of scientifically or medically true or accurate materials; or
- ``(4) create any legally enforceable right.
SEC. 14510. SCHOOL PRAYER.
SEC. 14512. PROHIBITION ON FEDERAL MANDATES, DIRECTION, AND CONTROL.