A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 1432. DEFINITIONS.
``For the purpose of this part:
- ``(1) The term `adult correctional institution' means a facility in which persons are confined as a result of a conviction for a criminal offense, including persons under 21 years of age.
- ``(2) The term `at-risk youth' means school aged youth who are at risk of academic failure, have drug or alcohol problems, are pregnant or are parents, have come into contact with the juvenile justice system in the past, are at least one year behind the expected grade level for the age of the youth, have limited-English proficiency, are gang members, have dropped out of school in the past, or have high absenteeism rates at school.
- ``(3) The term `community day program' means a regular program of instruction provided by a State agency at a community day school operated specifically for neglected or delinquent children.
- ``(4) The term `institution for delinquent children and youth' means a public or private residential facility for the care of children who have been adjudicated to be delinquent or in need of supervision.
- ``(5) The term `institution for neglected children' means a public or private residential facility, other than a foster home, that is operated for the care of children who have been committed to the institution or voluntarily placed in the institution under applicable State law, due to abandonment, neglect, or death of their parents or guardians.
Subpart 3--General Provisions
PART E--FEDERAL EVALUATIONS, DEMONSTRATIONS, AND TRANSITION PROJECTS