A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``Subpart 3--General Provisions
``SEC. 1431. PROGRAM EVALUATIONS.
- ``(a) Scope of Evaluation.--Each State agency or local educational agency that conducts a program under subpart 1 or 2 shall evaluate the program, disaggregating data on participation by sex, and if feasible, by race, ethnicity, and age, not less than once every three years to determine the program's impact on the ability of participants to--
- ``(1) maintain and improve educational achievement;
- ``(2) accrue school credits that meet State requirements for grade promotion and secondary school graduation;
- ``(3) make the transition to a regular program or other education program operated by a local educational agency; and
- ``(4) complete secondary school (or secondary school equivalency requirements) and obtain employment after leaving the institution.
- ``(b) Evaluation Measures.--In conducting each evaluation under subsection (a), a State agency or local educational agency shall use multiple and appropriate measures of student progress.
- ``(c) Evaluation Results.--Each State agency and local educational agency shall--
- ``(1) submit evaluation results to the State educational agency; and
- ``(2) use the results of evaluations under this section to plan and improve subsequent programs for participating children and youth.
SEC. 1426. ACCOUNTABILITY.
SEC. 1432. DEFINITIONS.