A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 14306. OTHER GENERAL ASSURANCES.
- ``(a) Assurances.--Any applicant other than a State educational agency that submits a plan or application under this Act, whether separately or pursuant to section 14304, shall have on file with the State educational agency a single set of assurances, applicable to each program for which a plan or application is submitted, that provides that--
- ``(1) each such program will be administered in accordance with all applicable statutes, regulations, program plans, and applications;
- ``(2)(A) the control of funds provided under each such program and title to property acquired with program funds will be in a public agency or in a nonprofit private agency, institution, organization, or Indian tribe, if the law authorizing the program provides for assistance to such entities; and
- ``(B) the public agency, nonprofit private agency, institution, or organization, or Indian tribe will administer such funds and property to the extent required by the authorizing statutes;
- ``(3) the applicant will adopt and use proper methods of administering each such program, including--
- ``(A) the enforcement of any obligations imposed by law on agencies, institutions, organizations, and other recipients responsible for carrying out each program; and
- ``(B) the correction of deficiencies in program operations that are identified through audits, monitoring, or evaluation;
- ``(4) the applicant will cooperate in carrying out any evaluation of each such program conducted by or for the State educational agency, the Secretary or other Federal officials;
- ``(5) the applicant will use such fiscal control and fund accounting procedures as will ensure proper disbursement of, and accounting for, Federal funds paid to such applicant under each such program;
- ``(6) the applicant will--
- ``(A) make reports to the State educational agency and the Secretary as may be necessary to enable such agency and the Secretary to perform their duties under each such program; and
- ``(B) maintain such records, provide such information, and afford access to the records as the State educational agency or the Secretary may find necessary to carry out the State educational agency's or the Secretary's duties; and
- ``(7) before the application was submitted, the applicant afforded a reasonable opportunity for public comment on the application and has considered such comment.
- ``(b) GEPA Provision.--Section 442 of the General Education Provisions Act does not apply to programs under this Act.
SEC. 14305. CONSOLIDATED LOCAL PLANS OR APPLICATIONS.
SEC. 14307. RELATIONSHIP OF STATE AND LOCAL PLANS TO PLANS UNDER THE GOALS 2000: EDUCATE AMERICA ACT.