A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 14303. GENERAL APPLICABILITY OF STATE EDUCATIONAL AGENCY ASSURANCES.
- ``(a) Assurances.--A State educational agency that submits a consolidated State plan or consolidated State application under this Act, whether separately or under section 14302, shall have on file with the Secretary a single set of assurances, applicable to each program for which such plan or application is submitted, that provides that--
- ``(1) each such program will be administered in accordance with all applicable statutes, regulations, program plans, and applications;
- ``(2)(A) the control of funds provided under each such program and title to property acquired with program funds will be in a public agency, in a nonprofit private agency, institution, or organization, or in an Indian tribe if the law authorizing the program provides for assistance to such entities; and
- ``(B) the public agency, nonprofit private agency, institution, or organization, or Indian tribe will administer such funds and property to the extent required by the authorizing law;
- ``(3) the State will adopt and use proper methods of administering each such program, including--
- ``(A) the enforcement of any obligations imposed by law on agencies, institutions, organizations, and other recipients responsible for carrying out each program;
- ``(B) the correction of deficiencies in program operations that are identified through audits, monitoring, or evaluation; and
- ``(C) the adoption of written procedures for the receipt and resolution of complaints alleging violations of law in the administration of such programs;
- ``(4) the State will cooperate in carrying out any evaluation of each such program conducted by or for the Secretary or other Federal officials;
- ``(5) the State will use such fiscal control and fund accounting procedures as will ensure proper disbursement of, and accounting for, Federal funds paid to the State under each such program;
- ``(6) the State will--
- ``(A) make reports to the Secretary as may be necessary to enable the Secretary to perform the Secretary's duties under each such program; and
- ``(B) maintain such records, provide such information to the Secretary, and afford access to the records as the Secretary may find necessary to carry out the Secretary's duties; and
- ``(7) before the plan or application was submitted to the Secretary, the State has afforded a reasonable opportunity for public comment on the plan or application and has considered such comment.
- ``(b) GEPA Provision.--Section 441 of the General Education Provisions Act shall not apply to programs under this Act.
SEC. 14302. OPTIONAL CONSOLIDATED STATE PLANS OR APPLICATIONS.
SEC. 14304. ADDITIONAL COORDINATION.