A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 14205. CONSOLIDATED SET-ASIDE FOR DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR FUNDS.
- ``(a) General Authority.--
- ``(1) Transfer.--The Secretary shall transfer to the Department of the Interior, as a consolidated amount for covered programs, the Indian education programs under part A of title IX of this Act, and the education for homeless children and youth program under subtitle B of title VII of the Stewart B. McKinney Homeless Assistance Act, the amounts allotted to the Department of the Interior under those programs.
- ``(2) Agreement.--
- ``(A) The Secretary and the Secretary of the Interior shall enter into an agreement, consistent with the requirements of the programs specified in paragraph (1), for the distribution and use of those program funds under terms that the Secretary determines best meet the purposes of those programs.
- ``(B) The agreement shall--
- ``(i) set forth the plans of the Secretary of the Interior for the use of the amount transferred, the steps to be taken to achieve the National Education Goals, and performance measures to assess program effectiveness, including measurable goals and objectives; and
- ``(ii) be developed in consultation with Indian tribes.
- ``(b) Administration.--The Department of the Interior may use not more than 1.5 percent of the funds consolidated under this section for such department's costs related to the administration of the funds transferred under this section.
SEC. 14204. ADMINISTRATIVE FUNDS STUDIES.
SEC. 14206. AVAILABILITY OF UNNEEDED PROGRAM FUNDS.