A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 14203. CONSOLIDATION OF FUNDS FOR LOCAL ADMINISTRATION.
- ``(a) General Authority.--In accordance with regulations of the Secretary, a local educational agency, with the approval of its State educational agency, may consolidate and use for the administration of one or more covered programs for any fiscal year not more than the percentage, established in each covered program, of the total amount available to the local educational agency under such covered programs.
- ``(b) State Procedures.--Within one year from the date of enactment of the Improving America's Schools Act of 1994, a State educational agency shall, in collaboration with local educational agencies in the State, establish procedures for responding to requests from local educational agencies to consolidate administrative funds under subsection (a) and for establishing limitations on the amount of funds under covered programs that may be used for administration on a consolidated basis.
- ``(c) Conditions.--A local educational agency that consolidates administrative funds under this section for any fiscal year shall not use any other funds under the programs included in the consolidation for administration for that fiscal year.
- ``(d) Uses of Administrative Funds.--A local educational agency that consolidates administrative funds under this section may use such consolidated funds for the administration of covered programs and for the uses described in section 14201(b)(2).
- ``(e) Records.--A local educational agency that consolidates administrative funds under this section shall not be required to keep separate records, by individual covered program, to account for costs relating to the administration of covered programs included in the consolidation.
SEC. 14202. SINGLE LOCAL EDUCATIONAL AGENCY STATES.
SEC. 14204. ADMINISTRATIVE FUNDS STUDIES.