A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 1412. ALLOCATION OF FUNDS.
- ``(a) Subgrants to State Agencies.--
- ``(1) In general.--Each State agency described in section 1411 (other than an agency in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico) is eligible to receive a subgrant under this part, for each fiscal year, an amount equal to the product of--
- ``(A) the number of neglected or delinquent children and youth described in section 1411 who--
- ``(i) are enrolled for at least 15 hours per week in education programs in adult correctional institutions; and
- ``(ii) are enrolled for at least 20 hours per week--
- ``(I) in education programs in institutions for neglected or delinquent children; or
- ``(II) in community day programs for neglected or delinquent children; and
- ``(B) 40 percent of the average per-pupil expenditure in the State, except that the amount determined under this paragraph shall not be less than 32 percent, or more than 48 percent, of the average per-pupil expenditure in the United States.
- ``(2) Special rule.--The number of neglected or delinquent children and youth determined under paragraph (1) shall--
- ``(A) be determined by the State agency by a deadline set by the Secretary, except that no State agency shall be required to determine the number of such children on a specific date set by the Secretary; and
- ``(B) be adjusted, as the Secretary determines is appropriate, to reflect the relative length of such agency's annual programs.
- ``(b) Subgrants to State Agencies in Puerto Rico.--For each fiscal year, the amount of the subgrant for which a State agency in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico is eligible under this part shall be equal to--
- ``(1) the number of children and youth counted under subsection (a)(1) for the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico; multiplied by
- ``(2) the product of--
- ``(A) the percentage that the average per-pupil expenditure in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico is of the lowest average per-pupil expenditure of any of the 50 States; and
- ``(B) 32 percent of the average per-pupil expenditure in the United States.
- ``(c) Ratable Reductions in Case of Insufficient Appropriations.--If the amount appropriated for any fiscal year for subgrants under subsections (a) and (b) is insufficient to pay the full amount for which all agencies are eligible under such subsections, the Secretary shall ratably reduce each such amount.
Subpart 1--State Agency Programs
SEC. 1413. STATE REALLOCATION OF FUNDS.