A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 13307. DEFINITIONS.
``For purposes of this part:
- ``(1) The term `eligible entity' means--
- ``(A) a private nonprofit organization of demonstrated effectiveness;
- ``(B) an institution of higher education;
- ``(C) an elementary or secondary school;
- ``(D) a State or local educational agency;
- ``(E) a regional educational laboratory in consortium with the research and development center established under section 931(c)(1)(B)(i) of the Educational Research, Development, Dissemination, and Improvement Act of 1994; or
- ``(F) any combination of the entities described in subparagraphs (A) through (E), with demonstrated expertise in mathematics and science education.
- ``(2) The terms `mathematics' and `science' include the technology education associated with mathematics and science, respectively.
- ``(3) The term `region' means a region of the United States served by a regional education laboratory that is supported by the Secretary pursuant to section 405(d)(4)(A)(i) of the General Education Provisions Act (as such section was in existence on the day preceding the date of enactment of the Goals 2000: Educate America Act).
- ``(4) The term `regional consortium' means each regional mathematics and science education consortium established pursuant to section 13301.
- ``(5) The term `State agency for higher education' means the State board of higher education or other agency or officer primarily responsible for the State supervision of higher education, or, if there is no such officer or agency, an officer or agency designated for the purpose of carrying out this part by the Governor or by State law.
SEC. 13306. EVALUATION.
SEC. 13308. AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS.