A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 13103. MAINTENANCE OF SERVICE AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS.
- ``(a) Maintenance of Service.--The Secretary shall ensure that the comprehensive regional assistance centers funded under this part provide technical assistance services that address the needs of educationally disadvantaged students, including students in urban and rural areas, and bilingual, migrant, immigrant, and Indian students, that are at least comparable to the level of such technical assistance services provided under programs administered by the Secretary on the day preceding the date of enactment of the Improving America's Schools Act of 1994.
- ``(b) Application Requirements.--Each entity or consortium desiring assistance under this part shall submit an application to the Secretary at such time, in such manner and accompanied by such information, as the Secretary may require. Each such application shall--
- ``(1) demonstrate how the comprehensive regional assistance center will provide expertise and services in the areas described in section 13102;
- ``(2) demonstrate how such centers will work with the National Diffusion Network under section 13201 to conduct outreach to local educational agencies receiving priority under section 13401;
- ``(3) demonstrate support from States, local educational agencies and tribes in the area to be served;
- ``(4) demonstrate how such centers will ensure a fair distribution of services to urban and rural areas; and
- ``(5) provide such other information as the Secretary may require.
SEC. 13102. REQUIREMENTS OF COMPREHENSIVE REGIONAL ASSISTANCE CENTERS.
SEC. 13104. TRANSITION.