A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``PART C--EDUCATION OF MIGRATORY CHILDREN
``SEC. 1301. PROGRAM PURPOSE.
``It is the purpose of this part to assist States to--
- ``(1) support high-quality and comprehensive educational programs for migratory children to help reduce the educational disruptions and other problems that result from repeated moves;
- ``(2) ensure that migratory children are provided with appropriate educational services (including supportive services) that address their special needs in a coordinated and efficient manner;
- ``(3) ensure that migratory children have the opportunity to meet the same challenging State content standards and challenging State student performance standards that all children are expected to meet;
- ``(4) design programs to help migratory children overcome educational disruption, cultural and language barriers, social isolation, various health-related problems, and other factors that inhibit the ability of such children to do well in school, and to prepare such children to make a successful transition to postsecondary education or employment; and
- ``(5) ensure that migratory children benefit from State and local systemic reforms.
SEC. 1210. CONSTRUCTION.
SEC. 1302. PROGRAM AUTHORIZED.