A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 1207. APPLICATIONS.
- ``(a) Submission.--To be eligible to receive a subgrant under this part, an eligible entity shall submit an application to the State educational agency in such form and containing or accompanied by such information as the State educational agency shall require.
- ``(b) Required Documentation.--Each application shall include documentation, satisfactory to the State educational agency, that the eligible entity has the qualified personnel needed--
- ``(1) to develop, administer, and implement an Even Start program under this part; and
- ``(2) to provide access to the special training necessary to prepare staff for the program, which may be offered by an eligible organization.
- ``(c) Plan.--
- ``(1) In general.--Such application shall also include a plan of operation for the program which shall include--
- ``(A) a description of the program goals;
- ``(B) a description of the activities and services that will be provided under the program, including a description of how the program will incorporate the program elements required by section 1205;
- ``(C) a description of the population to be served and an estimate of the number of participants to be served;
- ``(D) as appropriate, a description of the applicant's collaborative efforts with institutions of higher education, community-based organizations, the State educational agency, private elementary schools, or other eligible organizations in carrying out the program for which assistance is sought;
- ``(E) a statement of the methods that will be used--
- ``(i) to ensure that the programs will serve families most in need of the activities and services provided by this part;
- ``(ii) to provide services under this part to individuals with special needs, such as individuals with limited English proficiency and individuals with disabilities; and
- ``(iii) to encourage participants to remain in the program for a time sufficient to meet the program's purpose; and
- ``(F) a description of how the plan is integrated with other programs under this Act, the Goals 2000: Educate America Act, or other Acts, as appropriate, consistent with section 14306.
- ``(2) Duration of the plan.--Each plan submitted under paragraph (1)(A) shall--
- ``(A) remain in effect for the duration of the eligible entity's participation under this part; and
- ``(B) be periodically reviewed and revised by the eligible entity as necessary.
- ``(d) Consolidated Application.--The plan described in subsection (c)(1)(F) may be submitted as part of a consolidated application under section 14302.
SEC. 1206. ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS.
SEC. 1208. AWARD OF SUBGRANTS.