A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 1206. ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS.
- ``(a) In General.--Except as provided in subsection (b), eligible participants in an Even Start program are--
- ``(1) a parent or parents--
- ``(A) who are eligible for participation in an adult basic education program under the Adult Education Act; or
- ``(B) who are within the State's compulsory school attendance age range, so long as a local educational agency provides (or ensures the availability of) the basic education component required under this part; and
- ``(2) the child or children, from birth through age seven, of any individual described in paragraph (1).
- ``(b) Eligibility for Certain Other Participants.--
- ``(1) In general.--Family members of eligible participants described in subsection (a) may participate in activities and services provided under this part, when appropriate to serve the purpose of this part.
- ``(2) Special rule.--Any family participating in a program assisted under this part that becomes ineligible for such participation as a result of one or more members of the family becoming ineligible for such participation may continue to participate in the program until all members of the family become ineligible for such participation, which--
- ``(A) in the case of a family in which ineligibility was due to the child or children of such family attaining the age of eight, shall be in two years or when the parent or parents become ineligible due to educational advancement, whichever occurs first; and
- ``(B) in the case of a family in which ineligibility was due to the educational advancement of the parent or parents of such family, shall be when all children in the family attain the age of eight.
SEC. 1205. PROGRAM ELEMENTS.
SEC. 1207. APPLICATIONS.