A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 1203. STATE PROGRAMS.
- ``(a) State Level Activities.--Each State that receives a grant under section 1202(d)(1) may use not more than 5 percent of the grant funds for the costs of--
- ``(1) administration; and
- ``(2) providing, through one or more subgrants or contracts, technical assistance for program improvement and replication, to eligible entities that receive subgrants under subsection (b).
- ``(b) Subgrants for Local Programs.--
- ``(1) In general.--Each State shall use the grant funds received under section 1202(d)(1) and not reserved under subsection (a) to award subgrants to eligible entities to carry out Even Start programs.
- ``(2) Minimum.--No State shall award a subgrant under paragraph (1) in an amount less than $75,000, except that a State may award one subgrant in each fiscal year of sufficient size, scope, and quality to be effective in an amount less than $75,000 if, after awarding subgrants under paragraph (1) for such fiscal year in amounts of $75,000 or greater, less than $75,000 is available to the State to award such subgrants.
SEC. 1202. PROGRAM AUTHORIZED.
SEC. 1204. USES OF FUNDS.