A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 12011. FEDERAL ASSESSMENT.
- ``The Secretary shall reserve not more than 1 percent of funds appropriated for each fiscal year under section 15013--
- ``(1) to collect such data as the Secretary determines necessary at the school, local, and State levels;
- ``(2) to conduct studies and evaluations, including national studies and evaluations, in order to--
- ``(A) monitor the progress of projects supported with funds provided under this title; and
- ``(B) evaluate the state of United States public elementary and secondary school libraries, media centers, and facilities; and
- ``(3) to report to the Congress by July 1, 1997, regarding the findings of the studies and evaluations described in paragraph (2).
SEC. 12010. REQUIREMENTS.
SEC. 12012. DEFINITIONS.