A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 12006. APPLICATIONS.
- ``(a) Applications Required.--Each eligible local educational agency desiring to receive a grant under this title shall submit an application to the Secretary.
- ``(b) Application Contents.--Each application described in subsection (a) shall contain--
- ``(1) an assurance that the application was developed in consultation with parents and classroom teachers;
- ``(2) a description of each architectural, civil, structural, mechanical, or electrical deficiency to be corrected with funds provided under this title, including the priority for the repair of the deficiency;
- ``(3) a description of the criteria used by the applicant to determine the type of corrective action necessary to meet the purpose of this title;
- ``(4) a description of the improvement to be supported with funds provided under this title;
- ``(5) a cost estimate of the proposed improvement;
- ``(6) an identification of other resources, such as unused bonding capacity, that are available to carry out the activities for which funds are requested under this title;
- ``(7) a description of how activities supported with funds provided under this title will promote energy conservation; and
- ``(8) such other information and assurances as the Secretary may reasonably require.