A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 12004. IMPROVEMENT OF PUBLIC ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION FACILITIES PROGRAM AUTHORIZED.
- ``(a) Program Authority.--
- ``(1) In general.--From amounts appropriated under section 12013 for any fiscal year, the Secretary shall award grants to eligible local educational agencies with applications approved under section 12005 to carry out the authorized activities described in section 12007.
- ``(2) Special rule.--The Secretary may reserve not more than 1 percent of the amount appropriated under section 12013 to provide assistance to Indian schools in accordance with this title.
- ``(b) Award Categories.--
- ``(1) In general.--From the funds appropriated to carry out this title for each fiscal year, the Secretary shall award grants to eligible local educational agencies in each of the following categories:
- ``(A) Eligible local educational agencies in which the number of students enrolled is less than 2,500.
- ``(B) Such agencies in which such number is 2,500 or greater but less than 5,000.
- ``(C) Such agencies in which such number is 5,000 or greater but less than 10,000.
- ``(D) Such agencies in which such number is 10,000 or greater but less than 25,000.
- ``(E) Such agencies in which such number is 25,000 or greater but less than 50,000.
- ``(F) Such agencies in which such number is 50,000 or greater.
- ``(c) Maximum Award Amounts.--The Secretary shall annually set the maximum award amounts for each category described in subsection (b)(1).
SEC. 12003. PURPOSE.
SEC. 12005. AWARD OF GRANTS.