A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 1120B. COORDINATION REQUIREMENTS.
- ``(a) In General.--Each local educational agency receiving assistance under this part shall carry out the activities described in subsection (b) to the extent feasible and appropriate to the circumstances, including the extent to which such local educational agency is able to secure the cooperation of parents and local Head Start agencies and, if feasible, other early childhood development programs.
- ``(b) Activities.--The activities referred to in subsection (a) are activities that increase coordination between the local educational agency and a Head Start agency, and, if feasible, other early childhood development programs, serving children who will attend the schools of such agency, including--
- ``(1) developing and implementing a systematic procedure for receiving records regarding such children transferred with parental consent from a Head Start program or, where applicable, other early childhood development programs;
- ``(2) establishing channels of communication between school staff and their counterparts in such Head Start agencies (including teachers, social workers, and health staff) or other early childhood development programs, as appropriate, to facilitate coordination of programs;
- ``(3) conducting meetings involving parents, kindergarten or elementary school teachers, and Head Start teachers or, if appropriate, teachers from other early childhood development programs, to discuss the developmental and other needs of individual children; and
- ``(4) organizing and participating in joint transition related training of school staff, Head Start staff, and, where appropriate, other early childhood staff.
- ``(c) Coordination of Regulations.--The Secretary shall work with the Secretary of Health and Human Services to coordinate regulations promulgated under this part with regulations promulgated under the Head Start Act Amendments of 1994.
SEC. 1120A. FISCAL REQUIREMENTS.