A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 1115A. SCHOOL CHOICE.
- ``(a) Choice Programs.--A local educational agency may use funds under this part, in combination with State, local, and private funds, to develop and implement choice programs, for children eligible for assistance under this part, which permit parents to select the public school that their children will attend.
- ``(b) Choice Plan.--A local educational agency that chooses to implement a school choice plan shall first develop a comprehensive plan that includes assurances that--
- ``(1) all eligible students across grade levels will have equal access to the program;
- ``(2) the program does not include schools which follow a racially discriminatory policy;
- ``(3) describe how the school will use resources under this part and from other sources to implement the plan;
- ``(4) describe how the school will provide individual student assessment results, including an interpretation of such results, to the parents of a child who participates in the assessment required by section 1111(b)(3);
- ``(5) the plan will be developed with the involvement of the community to be served and individuals who will carry out the plan, including teachers, principals, and other staff, parents, and, if the plan relates to a secondary school, students from the school;
- ``(6) the plan will be made available to parents and the public;
- ``(7) the program will not include schools that do not receive funds under this part;
- ``(8) the program will not use funds under this part to pay for transportation costs;
- ``(9) both the sending and receiving schools agree to the student transfer; and
- ``(10) such local educational agency will comply with the other requirements of this part.
SEC. 1115. TARGETED ASSISTANCE SCHOOLS.
SEC. 1116. ASSESSMENT AND LOCAL EDUCATIONAL AGENCY AND SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT.