A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 10975. HIGHER EDUCATION GRANTS.
- ``(a) Grants.--The Secretary is authorized to make grants to institutions of higher education, consortia of such institutions, or partnerships between institutions of higher education and local educational agencies to assist rural schools and rural eligible local educational agencies in undertaking local school improvement activities.
- ``(b) Authorized Activities.--Grant funds under this section may be used to--
- ``(1) assist rural schools in meeting National Education Goals;
- ``(2) assist in the recruitment and training of teachers in rural schools;
- ``(3) assist rural schools in the development of appropriate innovative school improvement initiatives;
- ``(4) provide inservice training opportunities for teachers in rural schools; and
- ``(5) provide technical assistance in the use and installation of innovative telecommunications technology.
- ``(c) Applications.--Each eligible entity desiring a grant under this section shall submit an application to the Secretary at such time, in such manner, and accompanied by such information as the Secretary may reasonably require.
SEC. 10974. USES OF FUNDS.
Subpart 3--White House Conferences