A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 10962. PURPOSE.
- ``It is the purpose of this subpart to provide financial assistance to--
- ``(1) assist urban public schools in meeting the National Education Goals;
- ``(2) improve the educational and social well-being of urban public school children;
- ``(3) close the achievement gap between urban and nonurban public school children, while improving the achievement level of all children nationally;
- ``(4) conduct coordinated research on urban public education problems, solutions, and promising practices;
- ``(5) improve the Nation's global economic and educational competitiveness by improving the Nation's urban schools; and
- ``(6) encourage community, parental, and business collaboration in the improvement of urban schools.
Subpart 1--Urban Education Demonstration Grants
SEC. 10963. URBAN SCHOOL GRANTS.