A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 10904. APPLICATION REQUIRED.
- ``(a) Application.--To be eligible to receive a grant under this part, an elementary or secondary school or consortium shall submit an application to the Secretary at such time, in such manner, and accompanied by such information as the Secretary may reasonably prescribe. Each such application shall include--
- ``(1) a comprehensive local plan that enables the school or consortium to serve as a center for the delivery of education and human resources for members of a community;
- ``(2) an evaluation of the needs, available resources, and goals and objectives for the proposed project in order to determine which activities will be undertaken to address such needs; and
- ``(3) a description of the proposed project, including--
- ``(A) a description of the mechanism that will be used to disseminate information in a manner that is understandable and accessible to the community;
- ``(B) identification of Federal, State, and local programs to be merged or coordinated so that public resources may be maximized;
- ``(C) a description of the collaborative efforts to be undertaken by community-based organizations, related public agencies, businesses, or other appropriate organizations;
- ``(D) a description of how the school or consortium will serve as a delivery center for existing and new services, especially for interactive telecommunication used for education and professional training; and
- ``(E) an assurance that the school or consortium will establish a facility utilization policy that specifically states--
- ``(i) the rules and regulations applicable to building and equipment use; and
- ``(ii) supervision guidelines.
- ``(b) Priority.--The Secretary shall give priority to applications describing projects that offer a broad selection of services which address the needs of the community.
SEC. 10903. PROGRAM AUTHORIZATION.
SEC. 10905. USES OF FUNDS.