A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``PART H--DE LUGO TERRITORIAL EDUCATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
``SEC. 10801. FINDINGS AND PURPOSES.
- ``(a) Findings.--The Congress finds that--
- ``(1) the attainment of a high quality education is important to a society and to each individual;
- ``(2) it is the policy of the United States that all citizens have a fair opportunity to receive a high quality education;
- ``(3) such opportunity should extend to United States citizens and nationals residing in the outlying areas;
- ``(4) reports show that the outlying areas have repeatedly placed last in national education tests which measure knowledge in core subject areas;
- ``(5) all students must realize their potential if the United States is to prosper; and
- ``(6) students in the outlying areas require additional assistance if such students are to obtain the high standards established for all students in the United States.
- ``(b) Purposes.--The purpose of this part is to authorize an education improvement program for the outlying areas which will assist in developing programs which will enhance student learning, increase the standard of education, and improve the performance levels of all students.
SEC. 10742. AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS.
SEC. 10802. GRANT AUTHORIZATION.