A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 10712. APPLICATIONS.
- ``(a) Application Required.--No grant under this subpart may be made except upon an application at such time, in such manner, and accompanied by such information as the Secretary may reasonably require.
- ``(b) Contents of Application.--Each such application shall contain provisions to assure--
- ``(1) that fellowship grants are made to economically disadvantaged middle and secondary school students;
- ``(2) that every effort will be made to ensure the participation of students from rural and small town areas, as well as from urban areas, and that in awarding fellowships to economically disadvantaged students, special consideration will be given to the participation of students with special educational needs, including student with disabilities, ethnic minority students, and gifted and talented students; and
- ``(3) the proper disbursement of the funds received under this subpart.
Subpart 1--Program for Middle and Secondary School Students
Subpart 2--Program for Middle and Secondary School Teachers