A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 10603. REPORT; AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS.
- ``(a) Report.--The Secretary shall report, on a biennial basis to the Committee on Education and Labor of the House of Representatives and to the Committee on Labor and Human Resources of the Senate regarding the distribution and use of funds authorized under this part.
- ``(b) Authorization of Appropriations.--
- ``(1) General.--There are authorized to be appropriated to carry out this part $15,000,000 for fiscal year 1995 and such sums as may be necessary for each of the four succeeding fiscal years.
- ``(2) Allocation.--Except as provided in paragraph (3), from the amount appropriated under subsection (a), the Secretary shall allocate--
- ``(A) 40 percent of such amount to carry out section 10601; and
- ``(B) 60 percent of such amount to carry out section 10602.
- ``(3) Special rule.--From funds appropriated under paragraph (1), the Secretary shall make available for fiscal year 1995 and each succeeding fiscal year thereafter for the programs under sections 16101 and 16102 not less than the amount made available for fiscal year 1994 to carry out such programs under sections 4609 and 1562, respectively, of this Act (as such sections were in effect on the day preceding the date of enactment of the Improving America's Schools Act of 1994).
SEC. 10602. INSTRUCTION IN CIVICS, GOVERNMENT, AND THE LAW.
PART G--ALLEN J. ELLENDER FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM