GILS Record -- ED Automated Systems
- ED Automated Systems
- U. S. Department of Education
- Local Subject Term:
- US Federal GILS
- ED collects information and maintains automated systems which support the Department's business processes. Although the data in ED's systems can be made available to the public, ED does not maintain a central administrative function with the sole purpose of distributing program data to the public. The Department does respond to requests for program data, which are most frequently received as Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
Major systems include:
- Campus Based Systems (CBS)
- Central Accounting and Payment System (EDCAPS)
- Central Processing System (CPS)
- Direct Loan Central Database
- Direct Loan Origination System (LOS)
- Direct Loan Servicing System
- Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFEL)
- Impact Aid Payment System (IAPS)
- Multiple Data Entry System (MDE)
- National Student Loan Data System
- Pell Recipients and Financial Mgt. System (PELL)
- Postsecondary Education Participants System (PEPS)
For more information on ED programs, visit ED's Home Page on the World Wide Web at http://www.ed.gov/.
- Access Constraints:
- Access constraints vary with each system. Most systems are accessible only to authorized ED staff. Information in many of the systems may be exempt from disclosure under provisions of the Privacy Act.
- Use Constraints:
- Use constraints vary with each system.
- For additional information on the systems contact the individual listed below.
- Point of Contact for Further Information:
- Name: Russ Barnes
Organization: ED, Information Technology Investments and Capital Planning Group
Street Address: 400 Maryland Avenue, SW
ZIP Code: 20202
Network Address: email@example.com
Hours of Service: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST M-F
- Control ID:
- Record Source:
- U.S. Department of Education; Office of the Chief Information Officer
- Date of Last Modification:
- 1997 12 16
ED GILS home page
This page last updated on November 1, 1999 (kms).