Early Reading and Scientifically-Based Research
Title I Directors' Conference
Text (slide 19):
Why is Reading Aloud to Children Important?
It helps them acquire the information and skills they need in life, such as:
- Knowledge of printed letters and words, and the relationship between sound and print.
- The meaning of many words.
- How books work, and a variety of writing styles.
- The world in which they live.
- The difference between written language and everyday conversation.
- The pleasure of reading.