A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
On the Horizon: State Accountability Systems
Student Achievement and School Accountability Conference
Text (slide 11):
"Adequate Yearly Progress" (AYP)
- Student achievement is judged relative to annual measurable objectives to determine if the school or LEA made AYP.
- The school and each subgroup of students must:
- Meet the annual objective, OR
- Decrease the percent of students who are not proficient by 10% and make progress on another indicator.
- Method for calculating AYP ensures that schools and districts are focused on the accountability goal all students proficient.