Using Title I Programs as a Model for Reform
1. Conference Dates/Locations
In October 2002, the Office of Elementary and Secondary Education hosted a series of four regional meetings as part of its work to ensure the effective implementation of the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act.
|October 2-4||Orlando, FL||Southeast Regional Meeting|
|October 7-9||Washington, DC||Northeast & Mid-Atlantic Regions Meeting|
|October 23-25||Denver, CO||West and Northwest Regions Meeting|
|October 28-30||Chicago, IL||Midwestern and Plains States Meeting|
The goals of the Student Achievement and School Accountability conference were to:
- Provide states and districts with the expert information and tools necessary to implement NCLB successfully.
- Allow state and district-level team participants to work together to develop an understanding of effective ways to implement NCLB.
- Create a common base of knowledge about evidence-based interventions, new requirements of NCLB, and proven improvement strategies that can be applied in any Title I school.
- Engage states and large school districts as partners in a national movement to improve academic achievement for all students.
Accountability and Adequate Yearly Progress
Strategies for Making Annual Yearly Progress - Using Curriculum-Based Measurement for Progress Monitoring Annotated Bibliography
MS WORD (36K)
Flexibility and Transferability
Final Guidance on the Transferability Authority (August 16, 2004)
MS WORD (366K)
Improving Teacher Quality
Improving Teacher Quality State Grants Non-Regulatory Draft Guidance (June 6, 2002)
MS WORD (1M)
Math & Science Partnerships
Participation of Eligible Children in Private Schools
Handout: Title I, Part A, Providing Services to Eligible Private School Children
MS WORD (19K)
The No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 Benefits to Private School Students and Teachers, Office of Non-Public Education
MS WORD (55K)
Participation of Eligible Children in Private Schools, Draft Regulations
MS WORD (43K)
Research-Based Instruction in Reading
Standards and Assessments
Standards & Assessments -- Regulations
Supplement not Supplant/Comparability
Supplemental Services Handout
MS WORD (34K)
Unsafe School Choice
Unsafe School Choice Option Handout
MS WORD (28K)
What Works Clearinghouse
Questions? Please email: SASAconference@ed.govTOP