A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
Standards and Assessments
Student Achievement and School Accountability Conference
Text (slide 43):
Section 6112 Funds
- For FY 02, Congress appropriated $17 million for competitive awards to States or consortia of States to improve the quality, validity, and reliability of State assessments.
- Applications were due September 2002.
- Secretary established competitive criteria for applicants:
- improving accommodations and alternate assessments for special education and LEP students
- working in collaboration
- disseminating findings to the field