No Child Left Behind, Accountability and Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP)
National Title I Directors' Conference 2003
Text (slide 11):
Each Title I LEA must
- Review annually the progress of each Title I school to determine whether the school is making AYP, using
- State assessment system; and
- Any local assessments or other academic indicators, except that these indicators cannot reduce the number or change the schools that would otherwise be subject to school improvement.
- Publish and disseminate results to parents, teachers, schools and the community.
- Review the effectiveness of activities to provide parent involvement, professional development, and other Title I activities.