No Child Left Behind, Accountability and AYP
Student Achievement and School Accountability Conference
A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
Text (slide 20):
Local Annual Review
Each title I LEA must
- Review annually the progress of each title I school to determine whether the school is making AYP, using:
- state assessment system; And
- any local assessments or other academic indicators, except that these indicators cannot reduce the number or change the schools that would otherwise be subject to school improvement.
- Publish and disseminate results to parents, teachers, schools and the community.
- Review the effectiveness of activities to provide parent involvement, professional development, and other title I activities.