Executive Order 13514 (Federal Leadership in Environmental, Energy and Economic Performance) [PDF, 87K] sets sustainability goals for Federal agencies and focuses on making improvements in their environmental, energy and economic performance. The order requires each federal agency to prepare a Strategic Sustainability Performance Plan (SSPP). Our plan is provided below.
- 2013 Strategic Sustainability Performance Plan PDF (745K)
- 2012 Strategic Sustainability Performance Plan PDF (590K)
- 2012 Fleet Management Plan PDF (403K)
- 2012 Biobased Purchasing Strategy PDF (146K)
- 2012 Climate Change Adaptation Plan PDF (651K)
- 2011 Strategic Sustainability Performance Plan PDF (975K)
- 2010 Strategic Sustainability Performance Plan PDF (424K)
- Policy Statement on Climate Change Adaptation PDF (28K) | MS Word (40K)
- FY 2014 Department of Education Executive Fleet PDF (369K)
ED is committed to meeting the goals of Executive Order 12898 [PDF, 127K], "Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low-Income Populations," which states that each participating federal agency should make environmental justice part of its mission. Specifically, ED's EJ strategy [MS Word, 70K] focuses on healthy learning environments for students, energy-efficient school facilities, sustainability education and environmental literacy, and energy efficiency in ED facilities.
- ED Environmental Justice 2012 Progress Report MS Word (57K)
Comments can be submitted to ED by emailing EDEnvironmentalJustice@ed.gov.
ED's Environmental Programming