The Department's 2002-2007 Strategic Plan built upon the foundation of the No Child Left Behind Act to chart a course for fundamental improvement in American education and accountability in managing our own affairs. The six goals of our strategic plan formed the basis of our FY 2005 annual performance plan, which was incorporated into our Department's FY 2005 Performance Budget. These goals encapsulate the major tasks that we must accomplish to fulfill our mission. Every day, we focus on the following:
- Goal 1: Create a culture of achievement.
- Goal 2: Improve student achievement.
- Goal 3: Develop safe and drug-free schools.
- Goal 4: Transform education into an evidence-based field.
- Goal 5: Enhance the quality of and access to postsecondary and adult education.
- Goal 6: Establish management excellence.