On March 4, 2014 President Obama released his Fiscal Year 2015 Budget. The following materials are available showing what this budget provides for the programs and activities of the Department of Education:
Secretary Duncan announced that “All students should have the opportunity to achieve in high school and thrive in whatever career or college they pursue. We owe 100 percent of our students that chance.” Read the 2015 Budget press release.
The FY 2015 Education Budget Summary and Background Information (PDF, 1M) provides program information and detailed budget tables.
Cross-cutting issues in the FY 2015 Budget. These documents highlight a number of issues where the Department makes investments across many different programs and activities including:
- College Access, Affordability and Completion PDF [192K]
- Equity and Opportunity: Ensuring All Students Have the Education Opportunities Needed to Succeed PDF [212K]
- Skills for the New Economy PDF [169KB]
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Education PDF [204K]
- Strengthening the Commitment to Native American Communities PDF [202K]
- Supporting English Learners PDF [197K]
- Supporting Individuals with Disabilities PDF [92K]
- Supporting Rural Education PDF [170K]
- Teachers and Leaders PDF [112K]
- Investing in Early Learning PDF [182K]
FY 2015 Budget for the entire U.S. Government
The President's FY 2015 Budget for the entire United States Government is available online.