On April 10, 2013 President Obama released his Fiscal Year 2014 Budget. The following materials are available showing what this budget provides for the programs and activities of the Department of Education:
Secretary Duncan announced that “we must continue to build on the reforms already transforming classrooms across the country.” Read the 2014 Budget press release.
The FY 2014 Education Budget Summary and Background Information (PDF, 1M) provides program information and detailed budget tables.
State tables for the FY 2013 appropriation and the FY 2014 President's Budget Request will be posted soon.
Cross-cutting issues in the FY 2014 Budget. These documents highlight a number of issues where the Department makes investments across many different programs and activities including:
- Investing in Early Learning PDF [182K]
- College Access, Affordability and Completion PDF [192K]
- Improving the Education of High School Students PDF [212K]
- Career Readiness PDF [169KB]
- Supporting Individuals with Disabilities PDF [92K]
- Strengthening the Commitment to Native American Communities PDF [202K]
- Supporting English Learners PDF [197K]
- Serving the Needs of Disadvantaged Students PDF [155K]
- Supporting Rural Education PDF [170K]
- Improving Productivity and Efficiency PDF [112K]
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Education PDF [204K]
FY 2014 Budget for the entire U.S. Government
The President's FY 2014 Budget for the entire United States Government is available online.