On February 13, 2012, President Obama released his Fiscal Year 2013 Budget. The following materials are available showing what this budget provides for the programs and activities of the Department of Education:
Secretary Duncan announced that high-quality education is absolutely critical to rebuilding our economy.
The FY 2013 Education Budget Summary and Background Information provides program information and detailed budget tables. PDF (1M)
What does the President's FY 2013 Education budget request mean for your State? State tables show how funds will be distributed under State formula-allocated and selected student aid programs. State allocations for fiscal years 2012 and 2013 are preliminary estimates based on currently available data. Allocations based on new data may result in significant changes from these preliminary estimates.
Cross-cutting issues in the FY 2013 Budget. These documents highlight a number of issues where the Department makes investments across many different programs and activities including:
- College Access and Completion, in WORD [36KB] and PDF 
- Expanding Career Academies, in WORD [29KB] and PDF [169KB]
- Supporting Individuals with Disabilities, in WORD [31KB] and PDF [182KB]
- Investing in Early Learning, in WORD [33KB] and PDF [182KB]
- Accelerating the Use of Educational Technology, in WORD [27KB) and PDF [167KB]
- Supporting English Learners, in WORD [29KB] and PDF [197KB]
- Strengthening the Commitment to Native American, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian Education, in WORD [29KB] and PDF [202KB]
- Improving Productivity and Efficiency, in WORD [29KB] and PDF [112KB]
- Supporting Rural Education, in WORD [26KB] and PDF [170KB]
- Improving Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Education, in WORD [31KB] and PDF [204KB]
- Turning Around the Dropout Factories: Increasing the High School Graduation Rate, in WORD [33KB] and PDF [212KB]
- Serving the Needs of Disadvantaged Students, in WORD [30KB] and PDF [155KB]
FY 2013 Budget for the entire U.S. Government
The President's FY 2013 Budget for the entire United States Government is available online.