December 13, 2012:
- Policy to Performance Toolkit: a resource that offers guidance and tools for developing policies and practices that support effective adult basic education transition systems. [PDF , 8.4MB]
November 19, 2012:
- A Reentry Education Model Supporting Education and Career Advancement for Low-Skill Individuals In Corrections [PDF, 667KB]is a resource for practitioners and policy makers who wish to use education as a tool to support reentry success.
October 1, 2012:
- Adult Education New State Director's Management Workshop
will be held on October 30-November 1.
September 21, 2012:
- Adult College Completion Toolkit [PDF, 2.18MB]a collection of resources designed to connect state administrators and local practitioners to the strategies, resources, and technical assistance tools. The toolkit focuses on three key areas: access, quality, and completion. Four target student populations include veterans, adult basic education students, incarcerated individuals, and skilled immigrants.
September 12, 2012:
- U.S. Education Department Launches Improved, Online Professional Learning Community with New Features to Inform and Inspire Adult Educators
August 1, 2012
- Take Charge of Your Future, Get the Education and Training You Need [PDF, 4.8M] is a useful guide for planning for post release educational program participation, and it is also a helpful reference for members of the correctional population on community status (on parole or probation or residing in a halfway house or other community corrections facility).
June 12, 2012
- Joint Department of Education and Labor Letter [PDF, 585K] was submitted to the Committee on Education and the Workforce, to present the view of the Departments on H.R. 4297, the Workforce Investment Act of 2012, as introduced by Representative Foxx, Chair of the Subcommittee on Higher Education and Workforce Training, and Representatives McKeon and Heck. The Departments strongly opposed the bill.
May 24, 2012
- Improving Adult Literacy Instruction: Options for Practice and Research Public Discussion Meeting on May 30
May 3, 2012
- Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) Report to Congress 2008-2009: Part 1, PDF (1.04MB) and Part 2, PDF (5.62MB)
April 19, 2012
The Administration's Proposal for Reauthorization of the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act (Perkins Act).
- Investing in America's Future: A Blueprint for Transforming Career and Technical Education [PDF, 846KB]: includes key changes from the current Perkins Act and highlights the administration's proposal for reauthorization that will usher in a new era of rigorous, relevant and results-driven CTE shaped by four core principlesAlignment, Collaboration, Accountability and Innovation.
- A two-page overview [PDF, 160KB] of the Blueprint
- Expanding Successful Career and Technical Education through Career Academies [PDF, 296KB]: an overview of a proposed program that would expose students to rigorous college preparatory and work-based career and technical curricula.
April 18, 2012
- ETA Notice of technical assistance resources for States, local areas, and tribal entities developing Career Pathway systems PDF
April 4, 2012
- Letter from the U.S. Departments of Education, Health and Human Services, and Labor to promote and encourage the use of career pathways approaches as a promising strategy to help low-skilled youth and adults acquire marketable skills and industry-recognized credentials through better alignment of education, training and employment, and human and social services among public agencies, employers and other stakeholders. PDF (603K)
March 29, 2012
- OVAE Community College Webinar series: Community Colleges and Employer Partnerships and Improving Alignment between Secondary and Postsecondary Career and Technical Education PDF
March 7, 2012
- Improving Literacy and Numeracy Gains of WIA Youth Program Participants [PDF]
- Solicitation for Grant Applications for the Workforce Data Quality Initiative [PDF]
February 17, 2012
- Teaching Excellence in Adult Literacy (TEAL) Just Write! Guide a resource to increase familiarity with evidence-based writing instruction.
February 16, 2012
February 8, 2012
- Estimated Allocations for State Grants FY12 under the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA), Title II of the Workforce Investment Act PDF
January 30, 2012
January 20, 2012
January 17, 2012
- Building on Foundations for Success: Guidelines for Improving Adult Mathematics Instruction PDF
January 4, 2012
- U.S. Department of Labor's Solicitation for Grant Applications (SGA) available through the Workforce Innovation Fund (WIF) to support innovative employment and training service approaches.
Additional Archived Information