The Grants, Contracts and Services Team (GCST), headed by a director, provides centralized logistical and technical support services for discretionary grant programs in OSERS. It provides assistance to the three program components (NIDRR, OSEP and RSA) in processing discretionary grants from application development through grant closeout. The team provides coordination and liaison within OSERS and with other Departmental offices.
In performing its responsibilities, the GCST:
Grants Policy and Planning
- Coordinates with the Risk Management Service office to ensure consistency in grants policies and guidance across OSERS
- Assists components in implementing grant-related financial policies, standards and procedures.
- Coordinates with OSERS and departmental staff in development activities, including discretionary grants scheduling.
Application Packages and Review
- Coordinates the development of application packages in collaboration with program staff
- Coordinates the printing and mailing of application packages with ED Pubs
- Coordinates the OSERS peer-reviewed application process and manages the supporting logistics contracts in collaboration with components
- Notifies applicants of ineligibility status
- Monitors the official notification to successful and unsuccessful applicants
Audits and Post-Award Coordination
- Coordinates OSERS response to internal and external audits in collaboration with components
- Coordinates OSERS response to grantee financial status and closeout reports
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Act
- Coordinates and responds to all OSERS FOIA and Privacy Act requests in collaboration with components.
Official Discretionary Grant Files
- Maintains and monitors OSERS official discretionary grant files and manages the corresponding technical support contract.
- Coordinates the official closeout and archiving of all discretionary grants
- Serves as POC liaison for the G5 system
- Offers training and technical assistance to OSERS program staff on the use of Departmental and OSERS-wide grants maintenance systems.
Director: Melanie Winston (acting)