2000: e-Learning--Putting a World-Class Education at the Fingertips of All Children
1996: Getting America's Students Ready for the 21st Century
"In our schools, every classroom in America must be connected to the information superhighway with computers and good software and well-trained teachers....I ask Congress to support this education technology initiative so that we can make sure this national partnership succeeds."
-- President Clinton, State of the Union, January 23, 1996
Getting America's Students Ready for the 21st Century-- Meeting the Technology Literacy Challenge outlines the vision for the future, the four pillars for implementing technology effectively in schools, and a plan of action.
- Making It Happen -- Report from the 1995 Secretary's Conference on Educational Technology.
- Voices from the Field -- Report from the NTPlan online discussion forum.
- Regional Forums -- Reports from five regional discussion forums.
- Workshops on Critical Issues -- Summaries of workshops on barriers and solutions.
- RAND Report -- Fostering the Use of Educational Technology: Elements of a National Strategy