The Program Oversight Staff is responsible for overseeing program monitoring throughout OPE, OPE's strategic monitoring plan, OPE monitoring policies, procedures, and standards, and training staff in the above; the Staff establishes OPE-wide policy for grant monitoring.
In performing these responsibilities, the Program Oversight Staff:
- Develops the OPE strategic monitoring plan and prepares an annual report on its implementation;
- Develops OPE-wide monitoring policies, procedures, and standards;
- Reviews and responds to allegations of violations of statutes, regulations, EDGAR, and applicable OMB circulars;
- Conducts on-site reviews of OPE grants;
- Trains program staffs on OPE-wide monitoring policies, procedures, and standards; and
- Conducts field-based grantee technical assistance and training on the OPE-wide monitoring policies, procedures, and standards.
Program Oversight Staff
U.S. Department of Education
Office of Postsecondary Education
1990 K Street, N.W., 7th Floor
Washington, DC 20006