The Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a parent, marital status or political affiliation.
- Administrative Procedures (Section 504) for Processing Complaints on the Basis of Disability in Program or Activities, not Related to Employment: Word (48K)
- EEO Complaints Filing Procedure: PDF (269K)
- Anti-Harassment Policy: PDF (186K)
- Policy on the NO FEAR Act: PDF (189K)
- Diversity Policy Statement: PDF (98K)
NO FEAR Act
Equal Employment Opportunity Data Posted Pursuant to Title III of the Notification and Federal Employee Antidiscrimination and Retaliation Act of 2002 (No FEAR Act), Pub. L. 107-174
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Policy Statement
The Department of Education encourages its employees to learn more about the ADR process and to use it to help resolve workplace disputes.
Executive Fleet Vehicles
On May 24, 2011, the President issued a Presidential Memorandum on Federal Fleet Performance. In accordance with Section 1 (b) of the Presidential Memorandum and pursuant to Federal Management Regulation 102-34.50(41 CFR 102-34.50), executive fleets are required to achieve maximum fuel efficiency; be limited in motor vehicle body size, engine size, and optional equipment to what is essential to meet agency mission; and be midsize or smaller sedans, except where larger sedans are essential to the agency mission. Within 180 days of the date of the Presidential Memorandum, any executive fleet vehicles that are larger than a midsize sedan or do not comply with alternative fueled vehicle (AFV) requirements; must be disclosed on agency websites.
- FY 2015 Department of Education Executive Fleet
- FY 2012 Department of Education Executive Fleet