The Office of the Chief Privacy Officer (OCPO) provides technical assistance and guidance, preservation and retention, and Records Management Training is currently underway in TMS to the education community on a variety of topics relating to the privacy, confidentiality, and security of education records.
- 2013 IDEA Leadership Conference (July 2013)
- National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA) Annual Conference (June 2013)
- Joint Webinar with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services "How Schools Can Share Information about Foster Children with Child Welfare Agencies" (June 2013)
- Virginia Longitudinal Data System INSIGHTS Conference (June 2013)
- STATS-DC 2013 Data Conference (July 2013)
- Joint Statistical Meetings (August 2013)
- American Education Research Association (AERA) Annual Conference (April 2013)
- Central Texas FERPA Conference (April 2013)
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) Annual Meeting (April 2013)
In addition to these Webinars and presentations, OCPO performs additional outreach and provides guidance and technical assistance to the broader education community through the Family Policy Compliance Office and the Privacy Technical Assistance Center.
The Family Policy Compliance Office (FPCO) offers a variety of guidance and information resources on the FERPA and the Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment (PPRA) as well as prevalent court cases and hot topics.
Privacy Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) offers training, timely information, and updated guidance on privacy, confidentiality, and security practices. PTAC achieves this through a variety of resources, including instructional materials and opportunities to receive direct assistance with privacy, security, and confidentiality of longitudinal data systems.