Welcome to the U.S. Department of Education (ED)! We are excited that you have accepted our job offer. This New Hire website includes an overview of ED and information that will help you prepare for your first day as well as important items you will want to know after you have started with us. In addition, it contains information for the Concierge and Ambassador, two important people who will be helping to guide you as you come onboard with ED.
- Education Secretary's Welcome Message - Watch the video for a message from our Secretary, Arne Duncan.
- Preparing for Your First Day - This section provides information on the activities and information to complete prior to your first day at ED.
- Your First Day - This section provides information on where to go and how to get to your EDStart Live session.
- Now That You Are Here - This section provides a list of helpful information including mandatory training, shuttle schedules, pay date calendars, and acronym lists.
- Concierge and Ambassador Materials - This section provides a collection of the materials given to ED Concierges and Ambassadors. No action is required by you as a new hire—it is simply a reference source.
- Shuttle Services Word (134K)
- Getting Here and Getting Around Word (652K)