The Department of Education offers a child care subsidy to eligible ED employees who have a family adjusted gross income of $50,000 or below. Under the Child Care Subsidy program, employees may receive a subsidy up to $95.00 per week. The exact amount is based on the employee’s grade level.
To participate in the Child Care Subsidy Program, ED employees must meet the following requirements:
- Family Adjusted Gross Income of $50,000 or below; and
- Enrollment of one child aged birth through 5 years at a licensed child care center
All current and new employees who are interested in participating in the Child Care Subsidy program are required to submit a completed Child-Care Subsidy Application and the following supporting documentation to the Child Care Subsidy Office:
- Copy of Child Care Provider License
- Copy of Child’s Birth Certificate
- Copy of previous year federal tax return
All forms and documentation must be delivered in a sealed envelope to the Child Care Subsidy Office, Attention: Deborah Bell, Room 2C115/LBJ. Employees who are unable to deliver the required documents may send the information via email to OMFMSCustomerService@ed.gov.
For additional information, please click on one the following links:
- Child Care Subsidy Application
- Child Care Subsidy FAQs
- HHS-ED Children’s Center
- GSA Child Care Centers (National Capital Region)
- GSA Child Care Centers (Regions)
Any questions pertaining to this notice should be directed to the Child Care Subsidy office at 202-401-2905.