"Performance and results" is the objective of the Department of Education's Office of Management (OM). OM is aggressively moving in new directions in support of the President's Management Agenda, the Department's Strategic Plan, the Culture of Accountability, and the Blueprint for Management Excellence to achieve "green lights," the Office of Management and Budget's highest evaluation of government performance. We are a major contributor to the Department's commitment to excellence through our role as the Department's administrative component. OM is dedicated to:
- promoting customer service;
- expanding staff performance capacity;
- using strategic approaches to management and the management of the Department's human capital; and
- providing a high-quality workplace for the Department.
Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary: Denise L. Carter (delegated the authority to perform the functions and duties of the position of Assistant Secretary)
Senior Executive Performance Management
- DoE Internal Guidance for SES, SL, and ST employees for Performance and Misconduct MS Word (37K)