Office of Special Educational and Rehabilitative Services
V. Primary Delegations of Authority
The Secretary has delegated the following authorities to the Assistant Secretary for Special Education and Rehabilitative Services subject to certain reservations:
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 29 U.S.C. 701 et seq. Programmatic authority under the Rehabilitation Act transferred to the Secretary by Section 301(a)(4)(A) and (C) of P.L. 96-88 NOTE : Specific Reservation – Section 504 of the Act, 29 U.S.C. 794
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Section 509, 29 U.S.C. 796g. Protection and Advocacy of Individual Rights
- 20 U.S.C. 1400 et seq.Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- 20 U.S.C. 1901. Helen Keller National Center Act
- 20 U.S.C. 107 et seq. Randolph-Sheppard Act
- 20 U.S.C. 4331 et seq., P.L. 105-244, 102-421, and 103-73. National Technical Institute for the Deaf Education of the Deaf Act
- 20 U.S.C. 4301 et seq., P.L. 105-244, 102-421, and 103-73. Gallaudet University, the Model Secondary School for the Deaf and Kendall Demonstration Elementary School for the DeafEducation of the Deaf Act.
- 20 U.S.C. 102 et seq. American Printing House for the Blind.
- 29 U.S.C. 3001-3058, P.L. 105-394, Titles I, II, III, and IV. Assistive Technology Act of 1998
The Secretary has also delegated to all Principal Officers certain administrative authorities subject to certain reservations.