Office of Inspector General
D. Evaluation, Inspections and Management Services
Evaluation, Inspection, and Management Services (EIMS) is responsible for conducting evaluations, analyses, internal and external inspections, and special studies, which are designed timprove the Department’s programs and operations. EIMS will identify and share best practices and other benchmarking information from the public and private sector and will periodically identify and provide information on future activities, which alswill strengthen the delivery of Department programs and services. EIMS coordinates the preparation of the OIG Strategic Plan and corresponding Work Plan. EIMS alsidentifies and addresses the e-business requirements of OIG. In addition, EIMS is responsible for OIG Executive Operations, including formulation and implementation of the budget, human resources planning, IT planning and security and internal operations support.
EIMS is composed of the following units.
Evaluation & Inspection Services Staff
- Team A Staff
- Team B Staff
Both Teams perform similar functions:
- Conducts internal and external inspections of existing Department practices and procedures tassist in improving programs and operations.
- Evaluates and conducts special studies of Department management controls.
- Identifies and shares benchmarking information and makes recommendations for improving Department practices and procedures.
- Identifies future activities that may strengthen the delivery of Department programs and services, researches current practices in the public and private sector and provides information tthe Department on actions that would support the growth of such initiatives within the Department.
Management Services Staff
Management Services is responsible for OIG Executive Operations support, including formulation and implementation of the budget, procurement, human resources planning, IT business planning and security, and internal operations support.
Management Services is divided into three Teams.
Talent and Facilities Management Team
- Human Resources
- Coordinates and facilitates hiring and recruitment activities.
- Coordinates time and attendance issues.
- Issues and tracks OIG credentials and badges.
- Coordinates and provides oversight for EDPAS.
- Initiates security clearances for OIG staff and for OIG contractors.
- Coordinates and tracks training and professional development.
- General Services
- Coordinates Department of Education ACS Directives for the OIG.
- Updates and prepares OIG administrative manual chapters and IG Bulletins.
- Coordinates all OIG Asset Management functions.
- Manages all OIG space and facilities needs.
- Coordinates and develops Continuity of Operations and Business Continuity Plans.
- Coordinates OIG safety and security activities.
Budget and Procurement Services Team
- Formulates, executes and monitors the OIG budget.
- Provides budgetary information and perform analyses tassist in allocating resources.
- Procurement Services
- Manages and provides oversight of the OIG purchase card program.
- Executes simplified acquisitions and micrpurchases.
- Facilitates and tracks inter-agency agreements.
- Provides account payable services for OIG procurements.
Information Technology Services Team
- Provides IT oversight and operational support tOIG staff.
- Provides technical oversight of OIG Intranet, Internet, ICTS, ATS, responds, Freebalance and other systems.
- Performs the function of a computer security officer, including implementing security procedures and approving access tcomputer networks, systems and applications.
- Designs, installs, tests and implements databases.
- Coordinates the purchase of OIG IT hardware, software, and other related items.
- Develops and justifies the OIG IT budget and prepares a 5-year IT Plan.