Office for Civil Rights
V. Primary Delegations of Authority
The Secretary has delegated the following authorities to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, subject to certain reservations:
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 42 U.S.C. 2000d, et seq.
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, as amended, 20 U.S.C. 1681 et seq.
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. 794
- The Age Discrimination Act, 42 U.S.C. 6101
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, 42 U.S.C. 12131-12134 as delegated to the Department by the Attorney General under the Title II implementing regulation, 28 C.F.R. 35.1909b0 (2)
- Section 9525 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended, Boys Scouts of America Equal Access Act, 20 U.S.C. 7905
The Secretary has also delegated to all Principal Officers certain administrative authorities subject to certain reservations.